HIRE AGREEMENT & SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRICES AND PAYMENT All prices are in UK Pounds and are inclusive of VAT where applicable, at the current rate. Some locations are subject to a delivery fee, details of which can be found on the The party business website or by contacting The party business directly.
THE HIRE PERIOD unless otherwise agreed, is 5 hours from delivery which will be between 8 am and 12 noon and collection between 5pm and dusk or later at the discretion of The party business Newcastle. If the Hirer has booked a hall and therefore requires specific time please allow us setup/take down time in the hire period, the hirer must advise The party business Newcastle accordingly. All prices online are for 5 hours hire.
DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT If any of the hired equipment is damaged or lost during the period of hire any security deposit paid will be utilised in discharge of or in part payment for repairs/replacements or lost hire contract’s. The Hirer shall indemnify The party business Newcastle for the full cost of repair of any damage done to any equipment howsoever arising, which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring. If the Hirer has made payment by credit or debit card, The party business Newcastle reserves the right to make a charge to the credit or debit card used either for the deposit or payment for the hire of the equipment, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered hire address on the contract. Should payment not be received as per the invoice sent, The party business Newcastle reserves the right to take legal action and all costs will be passed on to the Hirer.
THE HIRER is responsible for ensuring the equipment hired is suitable for the venue/location it is to be installed. This includes appropriate surface, floor space, ceiling height/clearance and power supply (if appropriate). Failure to comply will render the Hirer liable for 100% (one hundred percent) of these hire cost.
THE HIRER shall not use the equipment for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement, and shall not sub hire or use the equipment or allow the equipment to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor allow anyone onto the equipment wearing shoes, spectacles, carrying sharp objects, key-rings, metal studded clothing or any other similar items which could cause damage to others or the equipment.
If the equipment is unnecessarily soiled on collection, the Hirer will be liable to pay a cleaning fee of £30 which is to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed. Descriptions of unnecessarily soiled includes but is not limited to:
Users consuming food or drink on the equipment
Party poppers, coloured streamers or silly string thrown or sprayed onto the equipment
Users wearing facepaint on the equipment
Wetting equipment by way of buckets of water etc…
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that suitable security and crowd control measures are in place and the bouncy castle is kept secure at all times in a fenced area free from roaming cat’s and dog’s or theft/vandalism to the castle or any of its items.
Communal areas sometimes require written permission from the council or land owners which the hirer is responsible for, The Party Business reserve the right to cancel if none of the criteria is met.
- The Party Business reserves the right to cease operation and remove hired equipment from site if at any time a representative of The Party Business feels that the Hirer and/or their guests conduct endangers the safety of the guests, Hirer themselves, The Party Business staff or the safety of the hired equipment. At no time will any level of abuse against The Party Business staff be tolerated. In all such cases no refund will be given and full contracted fees will be due to The Party Business
- If the Hirer wishes to charge their guests to use the equipment, they must provide a representative to manage any transaction. At no time will The Party Business personnel, apart from dealing with the contract balance of the hire of equipment, handle any other monies unless agreed in writing prior to the event. If the hirer requires The Party Business personnel to charge guests to use any of the equipment, an additional supervision fee of £15.00 per person per hour or part hour will be applied to the overall contact balance
- Free parking is to be supplied for The Party Business vehicles and The Party Business staff
- The Party Business no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment
Instructions specific to Child Bouncy Castles
- All Bouncy Castle equipment has an age and weight limit for use. As such, a Bouncy Castle designed for children can not tolerate an adult’s weight and size. If an adult uses a child’s Bouncy Castle, the integrity of that piece of equipment will be compromised, thus making the possibility of the inflatable being unsafe for the next Hirer. The Party Business recognises that an adult may from time to time need to access the Bouncy Castle to assist younger children, but The Party Business asks that this it to a minimum
- Therefore if it is found that adults have used the inflatable without good reason, the Hirer is liable for an initial charge of £60 to have the Bouncy Castle retested, plus the full cost of any repairs required due to the misuse and any loss of business whilst the inflatable is out of usage. The charge is to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- Packed, a Bouncy Castle is approximately 3 feet across and between 70kgs and 120kgs in weight. Therefore The Party Business are unable to install a Bouncy Castle on any first floor or higher venues unless there is lift access
- The Bouncy Castle will need to be erected on a flat, level, clear and clean surface. The Hirer must ensure the installation area is clear of anything likely to damage or puncture the Bouncy Castle
- The Bouncy Castle is inflated using an electric powered fan. The Hirer is required to ensure that the venue/location has mains electric power supply within 30 metres of where the Bouncy Castle is to be erected. The Bouncy Castle requires the fan to be connected and kept running in order to stay inflated. Therefore do not disconnected from the power supply at any time
- Upon delivery The Party Business personnel will install the Bouncy Castle. Except in the event of extreme weather, for safety reasons the Hirer must not inflate or deflate the Bouncy Castle. Furthermore, once inflated the Hirer should do not attempt to move the Bouncy Castle as this may result in damage. If the inflatable fails for whatever reason, evacuate immediately to prevent injury
- The Hirer should never switch the blower on and off whilst the Bouncy Castle is in use
- The Party Business personnel will notify the Hirer when users can begin to use the Bouncy Castle
- A responsible adult must supervise users on the Bouncy Castle at all times
- No food, drink, sweets or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the Bouncy Castle to avoid choking to the users and unnecessary soiling. Any spillages must be cleaned and dried as soon as they occur. In the event that The Party Business are required to have the Bouncy Castle professionally cleaned before the next hire, the Hirer is subject to reimburse the incurred cleaning charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- No glass, drinking glasses or bottles to be used on or near the Bouncy Castle
- STRICTLY no alcohol or drug use on or near the Bouncy Castle. The Party Business will not be held liable for any damage, accidents or injury that occurs due to the consumption and effects of alcohol and/or drug use
- Shoes MUST be removed before using the Bouncy Castle. Parents/guardians who enter the safety mat area or walk over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising must remove their shoes, particularly heels. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- For hygiene reasons, socks should be worn at all times whilst using the Bouncy Castle
- The Hirer must ensure that all sharp objects, including but not limited to, badges, spectacles, earrings, jewellery etc... are removed prior to accessing Bouncy Castle to ensure it remains undamaged from but not limited to, scratches, tears, dirt (of any kind), detached from its connecting item (if applicable) and in the same working condition as delivered. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- No face paints, party poppers, confetti, coloured streamers or silly string to be used either on or near the Bouncy Castle as staining may occur for which the Hirer will be liable. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed.
- No acrobatics or gymnastics to be performed on the Bouncy Castle
- Users must NOT push, collide, fight or behave in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others
- The Hirer must ensure that no overcrowding occurs on the Bouncy Castle and is required to limit numbers according to the age and size of users
- Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is dangerous and must not be allowed
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that no-one with a history of back or neck problems uses the Bouncy Castle
- No furniture to be placed on the safety mats as this may cause damage
- No smoking or barbecues near the Bouncy Castle
- No pets or animals to be allowed on or near the Bouncy Castle as this can not only damage the equipment but is likely to cause distress to the animal
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the Bouncy Castle and accessories which accompany the equipment, i.e. blowers, extension leads, mats etc… If on collection any loss or damage has been caused to the Bouncy Castle or associated equipment, the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- If the Bouncy Castle is hired overnight, it and accessories which accompany the equipment, i.e. blowers, extension leads, mats etc… can only be installed in a lockable and secure area to avoid theft. If on collection any loss or damage has been caused to the Bouncy Castle or associated equipment, the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid immediately, unless otherwise agreed
- In the event of rain, the Bouncy Castle must remain inflated to prevent water damage occurring. All equipment must be towel dried thoroughly before use re-commences
- In the event of adverse weather conditions such as strong winds it is the Hirers responsibility to ensure users immediately cease using the Bouncy Castle and switch off the fan
- It is recommend that the Hirer occasionally checks that the Bouncy Castle remains securely pegged down, that the blower tube is securely attached to the blower and there are no obstructions to the blower inlet
- Only The Party Business personnel are authorised to collect the Bouncy Castle and accessories which accompany the equipment, i.e. blowers, extension leads, mats etc… Under no circumstances should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than a The Party Business representative
It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring this Equipment to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the Inflatable.
Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions are followed:
• Inflatable Equipment will be fully secured to the ground at all times during use as per the manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Ensure that the area around the unit is completely clear at all time.
• Do not allow anyone on the Equipment during inflation or deflation.
• A responsible Adult (17+) must supervise the Inflatable at all times when in use.
• Do not allow Children & Adults on the Inflatable at the same time unless for the sole purpose of assisting a child.
• Please ensure that participants are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately with nothing in their pockets.
• Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
• Avoid large and small Children from using it at the same time.
• No food, drinks or chewing gum to be allowed on the Inflatable.
• All shoes, glasses, jewellery, badges MUST be removed before using the Inflatable.
• No smoking or barbeques near or within an unsafe distance of the Inflatable.
• Always ensure that the Inflatable is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of Children using it.
• Always ensure Children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
• No pets, toys or sharp instruments are allowed on the Inflatable.
• Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step.
• Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems or any medical condition which could reasonably be aggravated by using the equipment is allowed on the Inflatable.
• Do not allow children around the back of the Inflatable unsupervised
• The Inflatable should not be used if it becomes wet on the jumping area or in the event of rain, the unit should not be used.
• In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately.
• No person or persons under the influence of alcohol and/or prescribed and/or non prescribed drugs and/or any other intoxicating substance will use or supervise the Equipment.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
DISCLAIMER - Please note that all persons using this Inflatable do so at their own risk.
The person/s or organisation hiring this Inflatable equipment will be responsible/liable for any damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are fully adhered to at all times.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
I have read the above agreement and fully understand and accept the conditions as above.
I am aware that whilst in my care I am fully responsible for the Equipment and will pay for any loss or damage that may occur.
I HEREBY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE
HIRE DATE & TIME ____________________________ SIGNED______________________________________
NAME IN FULL______________________________________________